1. British chieftain representing
2. Though animals figure in some plays by Shakespeare, very few got on stage during his time. Usually, humans did the animal roles. There is one recorded exception. Which one? Name of the play will do.
3. This place is named after Lord Ranganathaswamy, the temple of whom is in the city itself. The sanctum sanctorum has a huge idol that rests on serpent Aadi Shesha.There are various indo-islamic structures of historical importance. Near it is the Rangantittu Bird Sanctuary, which is the breeding site for several bird species. This place is also very famous for something else.
4. It was founded as Società Anonima Italiana Darracq (SAID) in 1906 by the French automobile firm of Alexandre Darracq, with some Italian investors. One of them, Cavaliere Ugo Stella, an aristocrat from Milan, became chairman of the SAID in 1909. Late 1909, the Italian Darracq cars were selling slowly and Stella, with the other Italian co-investors, founded a new company named Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, initially still in partnership with Darracq.
5. .Tuvalu is an island located near
6. Sharad Pawar, Mayawati, Ardhendu Bhushan Bardhan, Mulayam Singh Yadav, Laloo Prasad Yadav, Prakash Karat, __________, _________.Fill in the blanks.
7. It is known as Ramune in
8. Fill in the blank.
Resplendent in the western sun
The Bridge looms mountain high;
Its titan piers grip ocean floor,
Its great steel arms link shore with shore,
Its towers pierce the sky.
10. The Aarne-Thompson classification system developed by Aanti Aarne, a Finnish folklorist classifies these into seven namely
Anecdotes and Jokes
What are we referring to?
11. Persian word meaning "Pleasure of Kings" -it was the name given to a specific kind of shawl, which was woven by the weavers of Kashmir. They are so fine that an average size shawl can be passed through a wedding ring.
12 Connect: Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Bill Clinton and George W Bush apart from the fact that they are American Presidents.
13 If VRS or a financial inducement to shed employees or induce them to leave the firm in a premature fashion is called Golden Handshake. What is the term given for inducements to persuade specialists to stay in a particular firm?
14. Mailgogles is very recent software developed by Google to check what?
15. According to the upper class myth for culinary times, good life was synonymous with ______, wine and beauty and an unwelcome intruder spoiled the mood. This gave rise to an urdu phrase. What?
ent quiz prelims
Q.1 Fill in the blank below
_______________, Duniya, Muqaddar ka faisla, agneepath, gumrah, duplicate, k2h2, k3g, kal ho na ho, kaal, kank, dostana.
Q.2 The Indian version airs on Sony Television and the judges are Sonali Bendre, Anu Malik Javed Akhtar and Kailash Kher. Another version of this show created by Simon Fuller is judged by Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson and aired on Fox. Can you tell me the name of the original version?
Q.3 “If you intend to play the strongest man on Earth, you will either die or end up in the weakest position possible” What is this?
Q.4 He started his career as a driver and chaperone to Guru Dutt’s producer on the sets of Baaz, he later wrote dialogues for Aar paar, Mr and Mrs 55, Pyaasa, Kagaz ke Phool and directed Sahib Biwi aur Ghulam for which he got the national award for best director. Who’s he ?
Q.5 In 1888, what did
Q.6 The song Aati Rahengi Baharein from the film 'Kasame Vaade' was superhit.While Kishore da sang for Amitabh ,who sang for Randhir Kapoor.?
Q.7 Of the name, X once said in a Reader's Digest interview, "I wanted the simplest, dullest, plainest-sounding name I could find, ‘Y' was much better than something more interesting, like'Peregrine Carruthers.' Exotic things would happen to and around him, but he would be a neutral figure — an anonymous, blunt instrument wielded by a government department." Identify X & Y
Q.9 Audrey Hepburn: Keira Knightley, Rex Harrison: __________
Q.10 This movie is based on one of Anita Desai novels nominated for the booker prize by the same name. Produced by Ismail Merchant ,it has Om Puri and Shashi Kapoor in the lead
Q.11. Clooney: Smokehouse, Tom Hanks: Playtone, Brad Pitt: Plan B, SRK: Red Chillies Entertainment and__________, Saif Ali Khan: ____________
Q.12 Dhillin Mehta conducted a countrywide poll to choose a name for his move. The options he gave were Punjab Mail, Ishq via Bhatinda and__________. The title of the move which finally was selected was undisputed after the polls. The results were respected by the producers and the film was a box office success. Which movie.
Q.13 Raj _______ an accountant by profession started writing after taking retirement from his firm. His book is a sad love story of him and his wife and the time of their isolation. The book won the booker prize. Name the book.
Q.14 The Anil Kapoor starrer Slumdog Millionaire, the movie directed by Danny Boyle and written by Simon Beaufoi,is based on which book? Name the author also.
Q15. When film producer B.R. Chopra made his comedy film Chandni Chowk (1954), he made sure that a replica of the shop is included in his set. He said: "Chandni Chowk without __________? Unthinkable."
answers in a later post